Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Book Blogger Confessions # 3

Book Blogger Confessions is a new blog meme hosted by Tiger of All Consuming Books and Karen of For What It's Worth. It is a weekly meme in which bloggers can vent share about their blogging "problems" and experiences. 

Question of the Week:
Have you ever had reading/blogging slumps? 
How do you work through them or work around them?

I rarely get reading/blogging slumps. It was more like no-reading-time slumps, so when I finally get to have a free time to read a book, I devoured it like there's no tomorrow. If ever I have a reading slump, it could be because I have tons of books to be reviewed. For some reason, I can't truly enjoy a book knowing that I have gazillions of pending reviews to be done. So now I make it a point to at least make a book review draft of my latest finished read before I pick up another book and it did help a lot. 

What about you? Have you experienced the dreaded reading/blogging slumps? How did you handled it? Feel free to share in the comment section below or link up with your own Book Blogger Confessions.

Happy Monday!
Don't forget to check out my Giveaway Extravaganza!

6 comments:

  1. I do the same thing. In fact, I actually write my review before beginning my next book. My memory isn't so good, and many of the books I read are so similar, that I would get the stories hopelessly confused. I also just do a quick post about my thoughts rather than an in-depth critical review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, hardly ever have reading slumps. I just tend to feel overwhelmed sometimes. I try to keep up on my reviews. I think that helps, as well.
    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think keeping up with reviews is the key to not feeling overwhelmed - I've definitely been there, with a huge pile of books I'd read but hadn't reviewed - but once I got through that pile, I felt so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that now too. I write my general notes about a book so I can write a review but I'll start my next book and get to it later.
    It's that obligation to review that can make the whole experience overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it crazy how the more books we're obligated to review, the fewer books we actually review? It doesn't always happen like that, but the pressure to review can definitely slow a reader down.

    Love your flying Cupid bird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I write my reviews before beginning on a new book! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate and lovelovelove them and will try to reply as fast as I can. Have a blog? Post your blog URL along with your comments below. I would love to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...