Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Owl Post (1)

Hello guys!  Today I'm introducing a new feature in the blog. This meme is created by Brodie of Eleusinian Mysteries inspired by In My Mailbox by The Story Siren. I've been meaning to do this since forever and I just love this idea of Brodie. I am such a Potterhead and I'm beating myself up for not thinking about this so kudos to Brodie!

Before I show you guys what books I hauled, I'll tell you 3 things first.
1. I'll do this on Sundays but not every Sunday. Most likely I'm going to have this every 1st Sunday or last Sunday of the month.
2. You can link your own versions of weekly haul at the end of my every Owl Post. I'd surely visit them, I love seeing new books!
3. Since I'm going to only post occasionally, my Owl Post will most likely be massive not because I am rich ( I wish!) but because the books just accumulated throughout the weeks.

So my first Owl Post is books I've bought and received in the month of May and the last 2 weeks of April. 

Here they are:

Bought

The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, and the The Hunger Games: Tribute Guide by Emily Seife - already read this titles but I like to have my own copies. 
Away Laughing in a Fast Camel by Louise Rennison - I absolutely adore the Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series so I bought this one. This hardcover was on sale. :)
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - Browse through this one and I could say I was freaked out by the images. 
Divergent by Veronica Roth - Finally bought a copy. Will read this v. v. soon.
The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan - This is the latest installment in the Kane Chronicle's series.  
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan- I scored this copy on a sale. It was so cheap, it's like 75% off the original hardcover price.
Heroes of the Valley by Jonathan Shroud - Bought this on a sale as well. A total steal, this one is.

***

Received

Won the Starter swag from Just A Girl Geek!

Bewitching by Alex Flinn (ARC) - I won this from Panda Reads.
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers - I won this from Making the  Grade.
Enclave by Ann Aguirre - I won this from The Nocturnal Library.

Thank you so much! :)

A closer look in my Grave Mercy copy:

***

E-galleys


The Sinister Sweetness of Splendid Academy by Nikki Loftin from Razorbill
The White Oak by Kim White from Story Machine Studio
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry from Harlequin Teen
Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian from Simon & Schuster
Circle of Silence by by Carol M. Tazman from Harlequin Teen

Many thanks to the publishers and Netgalley!

***

That's it! It was the summer and I am broke but hey we can never have too many books! :) I'll be very busy this whole year getting through all that books. My balloon owl was so exhausted I have to replaced him every now and then. 

How many owls did you get knocked out this week? C'mon share em! :D


8 comments:

  1. wow so much awesome books! I heard a lot of good things about Grave Mercy! I need to get a copy for myself soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books! Bewitching sounds so good. I liked Beastly so I'm looking forward to reading that one as well. ^_^ I hope you'll enjoy them all!

    Happy reading!
    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    Great haul! =D Which one do you plan to read first?

    PS -- Isn't it cool to get an ARC, then have Customs open it and find out they can't charge you anything for it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Literally ALL these books are on my TBR pile! So jealous haha :) Looking forward to reading the reviews :)

    -Laura
    http://whats--hot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks for linking to me <3 I LOVE finding felow Potter nerds!

    Hehehe! I also love your owl balloon!!

    OMG Divergent!! I LOVE that book. One of my favourite 2011 reads. And the sequel is just as incredible! I've heard a lot about Will Grayson, Will Grayson and since I read my first John Green novel tis year and LOVED IT, I definitely want moooore from that genius.

    EEEEEEEE. And Grave Mercy!! I NEED to get my grubby paws on that soon, it sounds so badass. I hope you enjoy it! And ALL your amazing, lust-worthy reads. The owls have treated you well these past few months :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh nice! I have Divergent (and Insurgent) in my massive TBR piles! Hope to get to those soon too! Also have Enclave to read! Have too much to read and not enough time to read em all!

    Hope your luck is better, time wise! Happy Reading!!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books!! I looooved Divergent, so I hope you will as well!! I just read and reviewed Will Grayson, Will Grayson the other day, another great read :) Also, Grave Mercy is AWESOME!! Enjoy it! I'm jealous of your signed copy!

    Horray for Rick Riordan! I still need to read the Kane Chronicals and Heroes of Olympus series. I really want to read The Perks of Being a Wallflowers too!

    So yeah, you got some really great books! Enjoy them all!

    Happy reading!

    Also, I love the name of your post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome haul Sarah! Rick Riordan is AMAZEBALLS, although I never could get into the Kane Chronicles (I guess I'm a Percy Jackson girl all the way!).

    I hope you enjoy all your pretty new reads!
    Thanks for stopping by!
    :) Aeicha @ Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate and lovelovelove them and will try to reply as fast as I can. Have a blog? Post your blog URL along with your comments below. I would love to visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...